Nordstrom Packing Department Assistant Manager Warehouse (1st shift) - Elizabethtown, PA in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
Our Supply Chain team is committed to providing excellent service to our customers by accurately and efficiently processing orders, returns, and providing shipments to the store. Strong clear communication skills and the ability to remain flexible throughout the workday is a must.
/Please include your resume./
Schedule:7am-5pm, Friday-Monday (10 hours, 4 days) (overtime as business need)
A day in the life…
The Assistant Department Manager is responsible for assisting the Department Manager with the day-to-day operations of the department. All efforts will be coordinated with the assistance of the Department Manager. This position will require consistent review of department processes with the assistance of area support.
· Fluent of the department's process in order to provide answers to employees and outside inquires
· Provide support to internal and external customers including all divisions of our multi-channel business and suppliers
· Partner with Department Managers to ensure building awareness of business processes/ changes
· Willingness to cover various shifts to accommodate department needs
· Ensure that all support tasks for the department are completed in a timely manner
· Execute the strategy and direction of the Department
· Manage employee performance while developing and inspiring the team.
· Train all employees
· Recommend improvements or enhancements to Department Manager
· Review, understand and support expense management
· Staff and schedule employees based on business needs
· Follow up on updates employees to ensure an acceptable turn time and effectiveness
· Demonstrate a strong commitment and level of involvement as a leader.
· Develop rapport quickly and maintain good customer relationships both internally and externally.
· Exceptional conflict management skills and the ability to maintain a positive and professional composure.
· Working effectively as a team member by attentively listening to and sharing information with others to facilitate a cooperative work environment
· Must be able to understand the importance of meaningful relationships across all departments, generating and selecting effective options for solutions, providing accurate information, service, or products
· Superior customer service attitude, high level of professionalism and effective interpersonal skills
· Ability to help maintain a positive culture and effectively coach employees to a high standard
You own this if you have…
· Minimum 1-3 years previous leadership experience required
· Prior project management experience or technical skill training in the field of facilities operations preferred
· Active listening skills with strong written and verbal communication skills
· Well developed time-management skills with the ability to multi-task
· Able to demonstrate good judgment when making decisions
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Sense of urgency
· Promote diversity
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
We’ve got you covered…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, a profit-sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
Title: Packing Department Assistant Manager Warehouse (1st shift) - Elizabethtown, PA
Requisition ID: 335935